- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Eight 6-ounce, skin-on salmon fillets
- 3 heads Bibb lettuce—large leaves torn into bite-size pieces, small leaves left whole
- 2 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
How to make this recipe
In a small skillet, toast the pine nuts over moderate heat, tossing frequently, until golden, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. In a large bowl, whisk 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the mayonnaise, lemon juice and orange juice and season with salt and pepper.
Pat the salmon dry and season with salt and pepper. In a very large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over moderately high heat until shimmering. Add the salmon skin side down and cook until crisp and golden, about 6 minutes. Turn and cook the fillets until just pink in the center, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates.
Add the Bibb lettuce, avocados and pine nuts to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Mound the salad next to the salmon and serve.
Lemon-creamy California Chardonnay.