Three Perfect Spring Menus
Three women, three bags of ingredients, three menus: F&W challenged a trio of great cooks to transform a selection of spring ingredients (asparagus, lamb, peas, rhubarb and more) into simple, singular meals.
Maria Helm Sinskey's The Vineyard Kitchen was one of our absolute favorite cookbooks of 2003. An F&W Best New Chef 1996, she is the culinary director of Robert Sinskey Vineyards in Napa Valley.
- Asparagus Soup with Lemon-Herb Crème Fraîche
- Roast Chickens with Black PepperMaple Glaze
- Smoky Sautéed Bacon + Leeks
- Flaky Strawberry-Rhubarb Galette
- 2002 ROBERT SINSKEY PINOT BLANC
Marcia Kiesel, F&W's test kitchen supervisor, has been at the magazine for 18 years—and she still amazes us. She has a particular genius for blending Eastern and Western influences.
- Asparagus Salad with Toasted Walnuts + Goat Cheese
- Lamb Steaks with Milk, Honey + Cumin Marinade
- Spring Peas with New Potatoes, Herbs + Watercress
- Strawberry + Sweet Wine Gelées with Candied Pistachios
- 2001 LOUIS M. MARTINI CABERNET SAUVIGNON
Melissa Clark is a fabulous home cook who has become a prolific cookbook author and collaborator. Her latest effort is East of Paris: The New Cuisines of Austria and the Danube with chef David Bouley.