Locanda Verde: First Look
Here are five reasons why I already know I’m going to love Locanda Verde, the restaurant in Robert De Niro’s Greenwich Hotel, which I got a preliminary, still-some-construction-going-on look at.
* Andrew Carmellini(an F&W Best New Chef 2000) is back in an NYC kitchen.
* The restaurant’s spacious outdoor lounge is possibly the best al fresco space in Manhattan (Carmellini says it’s what made him sign on to the project in the first place).
* Succulent lamb sliders on homemade Parmesan rolls with homemade pickles are off the hook.
* The menu alla famiglia, which Carmellini is planning to change weekly, is only $32. (Carmellini has stocked up on platters in anticipation of the family-style food he’ll be serving.)
* Wait until you see the bar: The Spotted Pig's Ken Friedman, who is consulting on the project, has some very cool plans for it.