Pippa Middleton's Recipe for Prawns With Gin & Lime
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton's sister is an entertaining expert who knows her way around the kitchen!
The British Heart Foundation has been collaborating with Pippa Middleton to create a recipe book called Heartfelt over the last year, which features over 100 delicious recipes for a heart healthy lifestyle. Speaking about her involvement in creating the recipe book, Pippa said: “Creating this book has been a huge pleasure, bringing together two of my greatest passions – delicious food and an active, healthy lifestyle.” Her recipe for prawns with gin and lime below makes a great low calorie lunch, or is perfect if you’re looking for ideas for light meals under 200 calories!
PREPARE: 10 MINS PLUS MARINATING
COOK: 10–12 MINS
126 calories per portion
- 20–24 large, peeled raw king prawns
- For the marinade:
- Two tbsp gin
- 2 limes
- Two tsp olive oil
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A handful of coriander leaves, chopped (10g)
- In a small bowl, mix together the gin, grated zest and juice of 1 lime, the oil, chilli flakes, garlic and coriander. Add the prawns to the marinade, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 3–4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the griddle pan until hot, drain the prawns and place on the griddle and cook for 2–3 minutes until pink, opaque and cooked through. Meanwhile, cut the remaining lime in half and place on the griddle pan for 1–2 minutes each side until heated through. Cut each half in 2 to make 4 wedges.
- Serve the prawns with the lime wedges, a watercress salad and spelt bread to soak up the juices with a little Saffron Yoghurt Aioli if you fancy.
This Story Originally Appeared On Woman