How To Reheat Rotisserie Chicken
Repurposing rotisserie chicken is one cooking shortcut that we just can’t resist.
There are some occasions that certainly call for a stunning scratch-made chicken dish. A lemony Chicken Piccata is guaranteed to stun at the dinner party; the kids will be licking their fingers after enjoying a plate of Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken. And if you’re looking to impress the in-laws, you can’t go wrong with an elegant Chicken-Mushroom-Sage Casserole.
While we always try to cook dinner from scratch, repurposing rotisserie chicken is one shortcut that we just can’t resist. You simply can’t top the convenience and ease of having an entire cooked chicken ready at your beckon call. There are myriad ways to use your rotisserie chicken—shred it up and add it to soups or stews, slice it and press it in sandwiches: the possibilities are endless. Toss it into a pot of chicken and dumplings for a 40-minute dinner; use it to top a fulfilling 30-minute Chicken Bog. It’s quite possibly the easiest way to get a hot chicken on the dinner in under 1 hour.
WATCH: Weeknight Chicken Dinner Recipes for Fall
Nothing quite compares to the hot-and-ready chicken just after you’ve picked it up at the grocery store; but, unless you’re feeding five, who can eat this whole chicken at once? Part of the convenience of the rotisserie chicken is that you can save it in your fridge for days and enjoy it gradually, incorporated into various dishes throughout the week. But what’s the best way to reheat that rotisserie chicken? Luckily, we have a few easy techniques that’ll help you get dinner on the table in a breeze.
How To Reheat Rotisserie Chicken in the Oven
If you have a bit of extra time on your hands, reheating a rotisserie chicken is the oven is certainly worth the effort. Cooking in the oven helps keep the chicken’s skin crispy and the inside moist and succulent.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove rotisserie chicken from packaging and place chicken in an oven-safe dish. To keep the chicken moist, pour a cup chicken broth in the bottom of the dish. Cover the dish with tinfoil and place it in the oven.
- Let the chicken roast for approximately 25 minutes. Remove the foil and let roast for an additional 5 minutes to crisp up the skin.
- Remove chicken from oven and enjoy.
How To Reheat Rotisserie Chicken in the Microwave
If you’re pinched for time, reheating rotisserie chicken in the microwave is an easy, speedy solution. Here’s how to keep it moist and delicious.
- Remove rotisserie chicken from packaging and cut the desired amount of chicken into strips or pieces (separate chicken from bones and set bones aside).
- Place chicken meat on a microwave-safe plate and drape a damp paper towel over the chicken. Place in microwave.
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from microwave and enjoy.
How To Reheat Rotisserie Chicken in the Air Fryer
For an extra-crispy chicken skin, try reheating your chicken in the air fryer. This is the best way to help restore your rotisserie chicken to its heated grocery-store glory. Plus, it couldn’t be easier.
- Turn your air fryer to 350°F.
- Remove rotisserie chicken from packaging and place in air fryer. Set for 3-4 minutes until rotisserie chicken is crisp and heated through.
- Remove chicken from air fryer and enjoy.
This Story Originally Appeared On Southern Living