12 Ways to Make the Best-Ever Crab Cakes
You don’t have to be from Maryland to master this crispy-sweet seafood dish. Here, 12 easy and delicious recipes for restaurant-worthy crab cakes.
1. Baltimore-Style Crab Cakes
According to Andrew Zimmern, this is the best crab cake recipe you’ll ever find.
2. Crab Cakes with Horseradish Cream
These minimalist patties are made with only enough bread crumbs and mayonnaise to hold the crabmeat together.
3. Crisp Crab Cakes with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Amazingly light and simple, these are bound with fish, not cracker crumbs, for a deep seafood flavor.
4. Pretzel-Crusted Crab Cakes
Instead of bread crumbs, chef Stephanie Sokolove likes to use crushed pretzels to bind and crust her chunky crab cakes.
5. Crisp Cayenne-Spiced Crab Cakes
Both blue crab and Dungeness crab work for these.
6. Spicy Crab Cakes with Mango Puree
Spiked with red chili sauce, these crab cakes are delicious with the sweet mango puree.
7. Crab Cakes and Curry Mayonnaise with Apple Salad
These patties are bound with a luxe mix of crème fraîche, lemon juice, chives, parsley, tarragon and diced apple.
8. Bambou Crab Cakes
A drizzle of molasses glaze gives these patties a sweet Caribbean flavor.
9. Moroccan-Spiced Crab Cakes
These crab cakes are spiced with ginger, cumin, turmeric and cardamom.
10. Pride of Baltimore Crab Cakes
This recipe features lots of crabmeat, lightly held together by saltine cracker crumbs, Tabasco sauce and mayonnaise.
11. Mrs. Duvall’s Crab Cakes
Actor Robert Duvall grew up loving his mother’s crab cakes in Annapolis, Maryland. This is her recipe.
12. Crab Cakes with Lemongrass Mayonnaise
These bright, Asian-inspired crab cakes are served with lemongrass mayo and pickled melon balls.