Roasted Peppers with Caper Dressing
A plate of red and yellow bell peppers tossed with a tangy dressing pleases both the eye and the palate. You can use peppers of only one color, if you prefer, or include an orange and a green bell pepper for a truly spectacular effect. More Terrific Salads
• Use halved and pitted olives in addition to or instead of the capers.
• Add a sprinkling of chopped fresh basil.
• Toss in a chopped tomato.
• Use three chopped anchovy fillets instead of the paste.
• Add a small can of drained tuna.
Shortcut To roast the peppers quickly and with little mess, stand them upright and cut the flesh from each of the four sides, leaving the stem, seeds, and core behind. Put the peppers on an aluminum-foil-lined baking sheet, cut-side down, and broil until charred. Peel off the blackened skin.