Espresso Granita with Whipped Cream
Top the granita with a hefty portion of whipped cream; you'll need the mild sweetness of the cream to balance the strong espresso. If you're cutting down on caffeine, you can use decaffeinated espresso beans instead of regular. Slideshows: More Frozen Dessert Recipes
• For extra speed, buy the espresso ready-made from a coffee shop.
• You can put the warm espresso directly into the freezer, but it will take much longer to freeze.
• Granita will freeze faster in a metal pan, but you can use Pyrex; just allow more time. Or freeze the liquid in metal bowls.
• Stir the granita with a fork to get a nice fine grain.
• Granita melts quickly, so serve it in bowls or glasses that have been chilled in the freezer.