How to Make It
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the romaine, pepperoni, pimientos, onion, and the artichoke hearts or olives. Toss to combine.
Add the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan to the bowl. Toss thoroughly to combine the ingredients.
• Use chopped salami or prosciutto instead of the pepperoni.
• Add some chopped pepperoncini to spice up the salad.
• Try a cup of drained and rinsed canned chickpeas instead of the artichoke hearts.
• Diced provolone cheese would make a nice addition.
• Stir in about a third of a cup of thin-sliced basil leaves.