White Castle Revealed Its Top 10 Slider Recipes, Including One for Burger Casserole
With the COVID-19 pandemic putting a hold on plans to eat out—or even going over to mom’s to sucker her into making you a meal—people are left with two options: cook something yourself or order something in. But if you’re feeling ambitious and want to do both, White Castle has you covered.
In honor of National Hamburger Month—which kicks off today—the tiny burger specialist has released its first-ever “Top Ten Slider-Based Recipes” list. White Castle burgers have long been heralded for their ability to be turned into a solid stuffing, but the brand wants people to know that your culinary creations don’t have to stop there. In fact, it has ten other ideas to get you started. (That’s right, slider stuffing didn’t even make the top ten! It’s that good of a list, I guess!)
“We have 50 amazing recipes on our website, and our in-house chef chose these Top Ten for their taste, simplicity and popularity among the Craver Nation,” Jamie Richardson, vice president at White Castle, said in the announcement. The cream of the crop include things like White Castlerole, Loaded Mac & Cheese Sliders, and White Castle Vidalia Dip. For the record, the White Castle does have two stuffing recipes on its site; they just didn’t make the cut for the Top Ten. And neither did the White Castle Monte Cristos which, frankly, sound amazing.
White Castle’s head chef and director of product innovation Phillip Bach then chimed in himself, adding, “These days, families have more time than ever to cook and eat together... As a family owned business, White Castle wants to help families create memorable moments.” Because what’s more memorable than arguing with your significant other about how many sliders are too many sliders to add to your Castle Con Queso Dip?
If you want to see Chef Philip in action, White Castle says it'll be putting videos of him preparing these recipes up on its YouTube channel over the next few months. The White Castle Casserole Recipe is already live to get you started.
Here’s the full Top Ten List of Slider-Centric Recipes “in no particular order” as presented by White Castle—who, by the way, want to remind you that these recipes will also work with the frozen White Castle Sliders you can grab from the grocery store…
- White Castlerole: The simple but delicious casserole is a timeless classic featuring just four ingredients—Sliders, cheese, milk, eggs—and a little seasoning.
- Castle Con Queso Dip: This version of classic con queso dip features Jalapeño Sliders and includes cheese, salsa and refried beans.
- Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana: This tasty appetizer uses mushrooms, pepperoni and bell pepper in addition to Sliders.
- Queen’s Breakfast Casserole: Fit for royalty, this breakfast casserole includes mushrooms, eggs, milk, onion and shredded cheese.
- White Castle Vidalia Dip: A whole lot of Vidalia onions are added to Sliders, mayo, Swiss cheese and bacon to create a delectable dip to serve on crackers.
- Loaded Mac & Cheese Sliders: Cheese Sliders are enhanced with bacon, mac & cheese and avocado slices.
- Stuffed Peppers for a Crowd: Sliders are the main ingredient in this classic dish, which also includes rice, tomato sauce and green peppers, of course.
- Hawaiian Castle Bake: A little rice, Macadamia nuts, teriyaki sauce, green bell pepper and crushed pineapple turn Sliders into a Hawaiian treat.
- Ultimate Stuffed Pasta Shells: Sliders mixed with Italian sausage, cheese, sweet onion and a few other ingredients make a perfect filling for pasta shells covered in spaghetti sauce.
- Brazilian Bruschetta: Cheese Sliders mixed with chorizo sausage and avocado aioli are the keys to this Brazilian-inspired dish.