This McDonald's Will Serve International Menu Items
When we get word that a well-known chain like McDonald's or Starbucks is rolling out some amazing-looking items abroad, but not in the U.S., we admit we get a little jealous. Seeing what's on the menu in a McDonald's located in another country, catering to a completely different food culture, can be an eye-opening experience. But when you're traveling to Europe or Asia, a McDonald's is usually the last place you'd consider getting a bite to eat given the bevy of amazing food options before you. But a new McDonald's restaurant opening in Chicago will give you the opportunity to taste what our international counterparts are ordering up when they hit the Golden Arches.
Located in the future McDonald's headquarters building at 110 N. Carpenter Street in Chicago's West Loop neighborhood, the 6,000 square-foot restaurant, which opens tomorrow, will sport a Latin American-inspired dessert bar, an Australian-style McCafé, and a rotating menu of global food and beverage items, according to a statement from the company.
So what's on the menu? Here are a few of the first featured international items:
- The Mighty Angus Burger from Canada, a 1/3 lb. angus burger topped with a glazed poppy and sesame seed bun, lettuce, onion cheese and bacon and smoky angus sauce
- The McSpicy Chicken Sandwich from Hong Kong, a spicy breaded, deeply marinated chicken breast fried to crispy perfection served on a classic sesame seed bun with lettuce
- Cheese & Bacon Loaded Fries from Australia, Our World Famous Fries, served with warm melted cheese and crispy bacon bits
- The Mozza Salad from France, a balsamic dressed pasta salad with roasted tomatoes, served with mozzarella cheese, arugula leaves, choice of crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick
- The Manhattan Salad from France, a mix of lettuces, baby kale, romaine and spring lettuce topped with grape tomatoes, dried cranberries and sliced apples, served with choice of crispy or grilled chicken and a breadstick
- The McFlurry Prestígio from Brazil, vanilla soft serve ice cream, mixed with strawberry sauce and chocolate covered coconut bites (pictured above)
To take the experience to an even higher level of elegance, this McDonald's will also offer table service, a modern design featuring a digital wall map, outdoor seating, and kiosks to place your order as well. The upgraded look is a peek at what McDonald's says most of its U.S. locations will look like by the year 2020. Your typical American McDonald's fare will also be available, of course. A McDonald's without Big Macs and McNuggets just wouldn't be a McDonald's.