Low-Fat Meat Cooking Tips
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
- Get more flavor from oil-based marinades by first sautéing onions, chiles or spices in the oil.
- Don’t let meat sit too long in highly acidic marinades or it will get chewy.
- Salt meat lightly or not at all before cooking, so juices won’t be drawn out.
- Sear steaks over high heat. Low-fat roasts should also be cooked at a high temperature.
- Keep the heat low when braising or stewing; if the meat boils, it toughens.