Chicago's Fulton Market Harvest Fest 2018 Highlights—Get Your Tickets Now for September 14-16
Fulton Market Harvest Fest will kick-off the fall season in one of Chicago’s most iconic dining districts for the third annual year on September 14-16, 2018. Curated by Chef Stephanie Izard, Fulton Market Harvest Fest will expand to three days by adding Friday evening programming that will bring together tastes from Chicago’s favorite destination restaurants, the country’s top culinary talent, craft beers and live music, all in celebration of Chicago’s robust food and beverage scene. Also new to this year, the festival will feature multiple ticketed pop-up dinner and brunch experiences with participating national and local chefs, as well as expert-taught food and beverage classes.
“We are so excited for the third year of Fulton Market Harvest Fest as a way to celebrate all of the amazing things happening in our neighborhood of Chicago! It’s going to be our best and biggest with an amazing line-up of chefs and bands,” said founder Stephanie Izard. “Between the kitchen stage demos, culinary classes, dinner events, and more - there is truly something for everyone."
Multiple Chicago locations will be offering food from their restaurants all weekend long including Cherry Circle Room, City Mouse, urbanbelly, Gideon Sweet, Girl & the Goat, The Publican and others. There will also a variety of beverage options on site, including brews by Goose Island, champagne from Moet Chandon and cocktails from Don Julio and Ketel One.
A Google Music Stage will feature a mix of great bands and performers throughout the weekend. Featured music headliners are veteran soul artist Lee Fields & The Expressions on Friday evening and Minnesota electro-pop band, Poliça, on Saturday night. Additional music acts will be announced closer to the festival.
Fulton Market Harvest Fest will be family friendly and will have a Kids Alley onsite featuring balloon artists, face painters, and activities sponsored by Pow Gym.
Harvest Hall Events
Located near the intersection of Lake St. and Peoria, Harvest Hall will host festive pop-up dinners, brunches and interactive classes throughout the weekend, with a portion of proceeds benefiting multiple Chicago-based charities. The Harvest Hall schedule includes:
Friday, September 14:
● “Express Yourself” Dinner, 7:30pm: food and art come together for the “Express Yourself” dinner, showcasing a creative tasting menu with courses from chefs Ming Tsai, Brooke Williamson, Kristen Kish, Bruce Kalman, and Meg Galus with wine pairings from No Fine Print Wine Co. Proceeds from the evening will benefit Social Works. The $75 ticket price includes food, beverage and gratuity.
Saturday, September 15:
● “5:00 Somewhere” Class, 12:30pm: champion mixologists Ivy Mix and Lynnette Marrero will offer an interactive, and of course, boozy cocktail class featuring paired bites from participating chefs. $35 per person.
● “Wine 102” tasting class, 1:30pm: presented by Master Sommelier Serafin Alvarado and Sommeliers Rachel Speckan and Cassandra Sakai, attendees will have an opportunity to participate in an interactive tasting of wines and education. Proceeds from the class will benefit No Kid Hungry. $70 per person.
● Beer + Cheese Pairing Class, 2:30pm: a lesson on beer and cheese from the experts at Goose Island. $35 per person.
● Butcher Class, 3:30pm: charcuterie lovers will learn the basics of meat-making techniques with a demo and tasting by Rob Leavitt of Local Foods and The Butcher & Larder. $50 per person.
● Farm Fresh Feast dinner, 7:30pm: gather for a feast over family style plates from chefs Joe Flamm, Alex Seidel, Diana Davila, Jason Dady and Mindy Segal, which will feature fresh farm harvest produce from the Gary Comer Youth Center and other local Illinois farms. Proceeds benefit the Gary Comer Youth Center. $75 ticket price includes food, beverage and gratuity.
Sunday, September 16
● Harvest Fest Street Food Brunch, 11:30am: Kick Sunday off with bottomless mimosas, a fully stocked bloody mary bar and a delectable family style brunch inspired by different street foods from chefs Stephanie Izard, Shota Nakajima, Jason Vincent and Nate Meads. Proceeds benefit Pilot Light. $45 ticket price includes food, beverage and gratuity.
● “Beer + Chocolate” pairing class, 2:30pm: explore the world of beer and chocolate with Goose Island’s brew team. $35 per person.
● “Wine 102” tasting class, 3:30pm: presented by Master Sommelier Serafin Alvarado and Sommelier Cassandra Sakai, attendees will have an opportunity to participate in an interactive tasting of wines and education. Proceeds from the class will benefit No Kid Hungry. $70 per person.
Culinary Stage Chef Demos + Cookbook Signings
Starting Friday evening, Harvest Fest will offer cooking demonstrations from some of the best chefs in Chicago and beyond. This year’s chef lineup includes visiting culinary stars like Ming Tsai, Kristen Kish, Hugh Acheson, Brooke Williamson, Alex Seidel, Jason Dady, Shota Nakajima, Jamie Bissonette, and Bruce Kalman. Local celebrated chef talent will include Rick Bayless, Diana Davila, Mindy Segal, Sarah Grueneberg, Stephanie Izard, Fabio Viviani, Erling Wu-Bower, Joe Flamm and Jimmy Papadopoulos. Cocktails will also have a presence at the main stage this year, with a Speed Rack competition led by renowned mixologist Ivy Mix and local female mixologists on Friday evening.
The festival grounds will be located on Fulton Market, Wayman, Green, and Peoria Streets. Festival tickets are now available for purchase and are priced as follows:
General Admission ($30): 3-day festival pass plus $20 worth of food & drink tickets, a Fulton Market Harvest Fest tote bag
VIP ($50): 3-day festival pass plus $20 in food & drink tickets, access to VIP lounge and activations, a Fulton Market Harvest Fest branded tote bag and private bathrooms
VIP ($200): 3-day festival pass plus entry to one class each day (Saturday & Sunday), entry to one ticketed dinner, access to VIP lounge and activations, a Fulton Market Harvest Fest branded tote bag and private bathrooms
For more information and to purchase tickets to Fulton Market Harvest Fest and all events throughout the weekend, please visit www.FultonMarketHarvestFest.com.