Plan for Leftovers
Mayonnaise in marinades, sauce on a stick and burger patties basted with butter: We polled some of our favorite grilling experts to get their most extraordinary ideas for everyday cooking.
Make these dishes with Grill-Smoked Whole Chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken.
Simmer shredded chicken with barbecue sauce and serve in rolls.
Serve shredded chicken in tortillas with avocado, salsa and lime juice.
Sauté shredded chicken with onions, then add beaten eggs. Cook until the bottom sets, then broil until cooked through.
20 Grilling Tips
- Tip 1: Baste burgers with butter
- Tip 2: Dip meat in cold water
- Tip 3: Use mayo in marinades
- Tip 4: Crisp vegetables in ice water
- Tip 5: Tenderize in onion juice
- Tip 6: Add yogurt to marinades
- Tip 7: Prevent bones from burning
- Tip 8: Sweeten rubs just a little
- Tip 9: Leave some fat on steaks
- Tip 10: Grill your sauce on a stick
- Tip 11: Cook ribs low and slow
- Tip 12: Know your ribs
- Tip 13: Create faux wood flavor
- Tip 14: Grill with real wood
- Tip 15: Tie fresh herbs to a basting brush
- Tip 16: Use a citrus squeeze
- Tip 17: Try different leaves
- Tip 18: Wrap delicate fish fillets
- Tip 19: Build one fire for two dishes
- Tip 20: Plan for leftovers