The 20 Best Online Meal Kit Delivery Services for Every Home Cook
While we're big fans of foraging the local farmer's market for fresh eggs and juicy heirloom tomatoes and visiting the nearest butcher to get the freshest cuts, the convenience of someone else planning dinner and sending all of the ingredients straight to your door is hard to beat.
Online meal delivery kits take the guesswork out of brainstorming and shopping for recipes, empowering home cooks to get to the best parts of any meal: cooking and eating. Plus, a delivery service can be more convenient than heading to the grocery store.
Whether you're looking for vegetarian dishes, single-serving kits, or budget-friendly bites, there are dozens of meal kit options out there. Each service offers something a little different—from price points and portion sizes to delivery frequency and skill level—so we've outlined everything you need to know to help you find the right fit.
Here are the 20 best online meal kit delivery services this year:
- Best Overall: HelloFresh
- Best for Beginners: Home Chef
- Best for Experienced Cooks: Martha & Marley Spoon
- Best Budget-Friendly: Dinnerly
- Best for Quick Cooking: Gobble
- Best for Instant Meals: Freshly
- Best for Sustainability: Sun Basket
- Best for Getting Creative: Hungryroot
- Best for Healthy Meals: Green Chef
- Best for Single Servings: Daily Harvest
- Best for Families: EveryPlate
- Best for Big Groups: Williams Sonoma
- Best for Special Diets: Snap Kitchen
- Best for Vegans: Purple Carrot
- Best Vegan Splurge: Sakara Life
- Best Organic Pick: Veestro
- Best for Meat Lovers: Omaha Steaks
- Best for Wine Lovers: Blue Apron
- Best for Kids: Yumble
- Best for Easy Cleanup: Home Chef's Fresh & Easy
Read on to find out more about each meal subscription box, then pick your favorite for delicious dishes delivered with the click of a button.