Never Run Out of Ice Again: These Are the 11 Best Ice Makers You Can Buy Online
Warning: Once you've purchased the best ice maker, there's no going back. We've all been there; getting ready to enjoy an ice-cold beverage only to find that someone (likely you) forgot to refill those annoying plastic ice trays again. In addition to being fiddly and messy, each tray only has enough ice for about one drink, and unless you've got stacks of them taking up valuable space in the freezer, you'll find you're perpetually refilling them when you'd rather be doing something—anything—else with your time.
And don't get us started on those refillable ice bags! Why deal with ice cubes flinging across the kitchen or fingers freezing solid when there are so many other easier, and surprisingly more economical ice-making options out there? There is absolutely no reason to torture ourselves like this any longer. With the ability to make a fresh batch of ice every day in a matter of minutes, buying an ice maker will make stale-tasting drinks a thing of the past.
What is the best ice maker to buy?
- Best Option on Amazon: Aglucky Automatic Ice Maker Machine
- Best for Countertop: Magic Chef Countertop Ice Maker
- Best for Under-Counter: Whynter Built-In Ice Maker
- Best Small Option: Costway Countertop Compact Ice Maker
- Best Built-In Option: KitchenAid Built-In Ice Maker
- Cheapest Option: Frigidaire Countertop Ice Maker
- Best Quiet Option: Igloo Automatic Electric Countertop Ice Maker
- Best for Nuggets: GE Profile Opal 2.0 Nugget Ice Maker with Wi-Fi
- Best for Commercial Use: Euhomy Commercial Ice Maker Machine
- Best Manual Option: Ice Genie Ice Cube Maker
- Best for Ice Balls: Tovolo Sphere Ice Molds
Top tip: Using filtered or bottled water will make a huge difference in the taste of your ice—and therefore, your beverages, too—and will also keep the machine clean and free from limescale.