10 Top-Rated Electric Knife Sharpeners That Revive Dull Blades, According to Reviewers
Knives are one of the most reached-for tools in the kitchen, which is why it's so important to have a sharp blade on hand. But after a few months of continual use, even top-of-the-line knives can start to dull. While you could take them to a sharpening shop or a specialty cookware store, it's much more cost-effective to invest in a knife sharpener, so you can sharpen your favorite blades any time you like.
There are many types of knife sharpeners, ranging from manual machines to simple sharpening stones to ceramic rods, but we find that electric knife sharpeners are the easiest way to sharpen your knives from home. These high-tech gadgets will make the dullest blades razor-sharp again with just the push of a button.
All electric knife sharpeners may be built to bring dull blades back to life, but some work best on specific blade types like ceramic or Japanese-style knives, while others are programmed to sharpen numerous blade types and sizes. Certain options can even sharpen kitchen shears or tools like screwdrivers or clippers, in addition to your knives.
To help you figure out which model is right for your kitchen, we turned to customers who have bought and used these electric knife sharpeners for themselves. Each item detailed on the list below has both near-perfect ratings and countless rave reviews explaining why they are worth the money.
From a professional-grade electric knife sharpener to an affordable model and an option that is super easy to use for beginners, these 10 electric knife sharpeners will keep your knives in tip-top shape.
These are the best electric knife sharpeners to buy:
- Best-Rated: Presto EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
- Best Professional-Grade Option: Chef's Choice Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Knife Sharpener
- Best for Different Blade Sizes: Presto Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
- Best for Ceramic Knives: Kyocera Advanced Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener
- Best Two-in-One Option: Chef's Choice 290 AngleSelect Hybrid Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener
- Best for Japanese-Style Knives: Kai Cube Electric Knife Sharpener
- Best Affordable Option: EdgeKeeper Electric Knife Sharpener
- Best for Different Blade Types: Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener
- Easiest to Use: Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener
- Best for Kitchen Shears: GA Electric Knife Sharpener