Amazon Has an Under-the-Radar Storefront for College Dorm Shopping—Here Are 15 Stylish and Affordable Kitchen Picks
Something as exciting as starting college shouldn't be bogged down by the worry of making sure you have everything you need. I can clearly remember the stress of shopping for my dorm kitchen —- the struggle to find cute, yet affordable essentials was tough and time-consuming. Luckily, Amazon just dropped a secret off-to-college storefront, and it makes buying your kitchen must-haves so much easier.
From knife and cutlery sets to reusable bags and mugs, the storefront is filled with items you'll likely need to get you through those busy (but fun) college days. Plus, many of the options are both trendy and budget-friendly. We've narrowed down 15 of some of the most stylish kitchen essentials in the storefront so you don't have to, and they start at just $4.
- Chuyiren Colorful 6-Piece Knife Set, $20
- Folkculture Kitchen 3-Piece Towel Set, $18 (originally $35)
- Evo Sustainable Good 4-Piece Microwave-Safe Bowl Set, $18 (originally $21)
- Evo Sustainable Goods 4-Piece Microwave-Safe Plate Set, $17 (originally $21)
- Bosmarlin Ceramic Mug, $14 (originally $15)
- Zip Top Reusable Sandwich Bags, $13 (originally $14)
- KitchenAid Can Opener, $12 (originally $20)
- Hotshine 5-Piece Reusable Mesh Bag Set, $15 (originally $26)
- Topbooc 7-Piece Portable Flatware Set, $10 (originally $20)
- Poliviar French Press, $35 with coupon (originally $39)
- Farberware 5-Piece Measuring Cup Set, $4
- Belanko Tea Kettle, $24
- Bentgo Stackable Lunch Box, $15
- Kolex 2-Quart Pot with a Lid, $27 (originally $35)
- Zens Tea Cup Steeper, $22 with coupon (originally $24)
When it comes to college dorm-room meals, the microwave is your best friend. You'll want to snap up these sets of plates and bowls for easy re-heating; they're both safe for zapping away in the microwave. The cost-effective sets include four bowls and plates each and come in colors like black, mossy green, pink, and a rich blue. They're also wood plastic composite — meaning they're made from both recycled wood and plastic and are BPA-free. And for another microwave-friendly essential, check out this multi-colored ceramic mug that's only $14. It holds 21 ounces and has a big, easy-to-hold handle.
You'll also want to grab prep and storage essentials, too. This colorful knife set comes with four different knives, scissors, and a veggie peeler, so whether you need to slice bread or cut up fruit (or a tray of brownies), this set has you covered for just $20. And, for those days where you just can't be bothered to head to the kitchen, a sturdy can opener will do the trick. This option from KitchenAid comes in 14 colors, and is "the last can opener you'll need" according to some users. Store produce, leftovers, or pack up a snack on-the-go in these reusable Zip Top bags or this stackable lunch box (these will especially come in handy on the days when your alarm fails to go off), which are both under $20.
And, if you're anything like me, coffee and tea is an essential part of any daily routine. Thankfully, Amazon's storefront is filled with tons of cute options, like this French press and this super handy tea-steeper and mug duo. A good kitchen kettle is also key for your coffee and tea, or a handy way to heat up water for college meal staples like ramen or mac and cheese.
Whether you want stylish options to fit your dorm-room design, or are just looking for affordable must-haves, keep scrolling below to see our favorites from Amazon's secret off-to-college storefront.