9 Best-Ever Casseroles for a Potluck Thanksgiving
From classic green bean to crunchy baked fennel, here are nine incredible casseroles for a memorable Thanksgiving potluck.
1. Green Bean Casserole with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
A variety of small mushrooms from white button to chanterelle will work for this classic Thanksgiving casserole.
2. Cheesy Grits Casserole
Old-fashioned, stone-ground grits give this delicious Southern dish its fantastic texture.
3. Sweet Potato Casserole
Crunchy pecans and cornflakes top this incredible casserole.
4. Broccoli and Cheddar Casserole with Leeks
Sharp white cheddar stars in this fast, vegetarian dish.
5. Crunchy Baked Fennel
This excellent gratin features sweet roasted slices of fennel topped with herbed bread crumbs.
6. Creamy Swiss Chard with Crisp Bread Crumbs
"I've learned that a little cream and cheese gets my kids to finish their vegetables," says Maria Helm Sinskey of this amazing dish.
7. Broccoli and Wild Mushroom Casserole
What's the secret to this delicious casserole's crispy, buttery topping? Crumbled Ritz crackers.
8. Butternut Squash-Polenta Gratin
This fantastic fall casserole is easy to make ahead of time.
9. Turnip Casserole with Porcini Crumb Topping
Earthy porcini crumbs are terrific on this rich and creamy turnip gratin.