Dominique Ansel will always be inextricably linked with the Cronut lines snaking outside his SoHo bakery. But the pastry, which still remains buzzy years after Ansel created it, is just a sliver of his creativity. He’s the father of any number of other sweet phenomena like the Milk and Cookie Shot, the Frozen S’more and his DKA. He presides over a small pastry empire that will soon span three continents. He also makes a mean pie. And you, lucky eater, will be able to eat as many slices as you want.
After a successful trial run last year, Ansel is planning an entire slate of pie nights on Wednesdays and Thursdays throughout September. Each will feature all-you-can-eat pie, sparkling wine and house-made ice cream for (what seems like the very reasonable price of) $45 a person. We’re often leery of all-you-can-eat anything—it conjures images of some buffets we’d rather forget—but we will happily make an exception for this.
Tickets go on sale Wednesday August 24 at noon and they’ll probably sell out quickly. So head over here and snap a couple up while you can. In the meantime, here’s what you can expect to see when you get to Ansel’s:
- Key Lime Pie with Coconut Milk Whipped Meringue and a Buttered Speculoos Crust
- Silk Chocolate Ombré Pie with Mascarpone Whipped Cream (layered with 66% dark chocolate ganache, dark chocolate mouse, and milk chocolate mousse)
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie (loaded with local apples freshly picked by our team!)
- Flambéed Banana Cream Pie with Buttered Speculoos Crust
- Whiskey-kissed Sweet Potato Pie with Torched Marshmallow and Gingerbread Crust
- Blackberry Pie with Roasted Hazelnut Crumble
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with a Vanilla Sablé crust, Vanilla Daisy Cookies on top and a hint of Anise
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie with Butterscotch Caramel and a Dark Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Heirloom Tomato Tart with Fresh Riccota, Herbed Tomato Jam and Tomato Water Gelée
- Dark Meat Chicken Pot Pie with Pork Belly
- Burgundy Short Rib Cottage Pie with Whipped Yukon Gold Potatoes
Blackberry pie with hazelnut crumble