On April 24 the battle for the Seven Kingdoms begins again as Game of Thrones returns to HBO. The much anticipated season premiere is sure to bring danger, double-crossing and dragons.
If you’re hosting a Game of Thrones party, offer your guests these small bites of sweets to nibble on while viewing. These cheesecake truffles resemble a sparkling dragon egg but are filled with creamy, ginger and raspberry flavors. An elegant treat worthy of the Mother of Dragons.
Dragon Egg Cheesecake Truffles
- Sliced almonds
- Wilton Silver Mist
- Wilton Gold Mist
- Gold Luster dust
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Gingersnaps, crushed
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons raspberry jam
- In a bowl stir together the cream cheese, gingersnap crumbs, powdered sugar and salt.
- Gently fold in the raspberry jam and place the mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours until firm.
- With a #30 disher scoop the cream mixer and form into a slight egg shape. Place on parchment or a silpat.
- Overlay the sliced almonds to form a pattern on the top half of the egg.
- Once the almonds are in place, spray with edible Silver Mist, then edible Gold Mist.
- Add flecks of gold luster dust over the eggs.
- Once the mist has dried the dragon eggs are ready to serve.