6 Ways to Use Oranges
Oranges are a traditional holiday food gift, and they're certainly a wonderful bit of sunshine for anyone heading into the coldest part of the year. Here, six ways to cook with them.
2. Punch. To use up lots of oranges at once, make a citrus punch.
3. Syrup. Simmer equal parts of fresh orange juice, water and sugar until thick to make a syrup for adding to seltzer; or drizzle the mixture over pancakes, as chef April Bloomfield does.
4. Marmalade. Turn extra oranges into marmalade.
5. Orange beef. Make a less sticky-sweet version of the Chinese takeout classic.
6. Simple dessert. Drizzle oranges with honey as an easy two-ingredient dessert.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.