How to Drink Your Juice and Eat It Too
Think a juice cleanse is going to make up for all that holiday eating? We dare you to double down by also using the pulp in one of these 5 unexpected ways.
With the two biggest eating holidays of the year merely four weeks apart, it's a good idea to give your body a chance to reboot in between... Now that you've started your juice cleanse, here are 5 ways to squeeze all of the nutrients out of the pulp leftover from juicing.
1. Add carrot pulp to your favorite carrot cake or muffin recipes in place of grated carrots.
2. Stir berry pulp into your waffle or pancake batter for extra flavor, fiber and antioxidants.
3. Mix the pulp from your cucumber juice with sour cream or cream cheese to make a sandwich spread or chip dip.
4. Make a quick homemade vegetable broth by boiling carrot, celery, kale, tomato, and parsley pulp (reserve the stems) with water and herb stems in a pot. Simmer for about one hour and strain.
5. Blend apple, ginger, or pear pulp into your morning smoothie for some added fiber and nutrients.