9 Ways to Know if You're a Redneck Baker
Self-proclaimed redneck Francine Bryson has won more than 200 local and national baking competitions. She just published her first cookbook, Blue Ribbon Baking From a Redneck Kitchen, with delicious recipes ranging from Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Pie (photo) to Oreo Truffles. Here, Bryson sheds light on how to know when you're truly a redneck baker.
1. You buy your vanilla extract at the bait and tackle store.
2. You buy bacon by the case and not the pack.
3. You have more butter in your freezer than deer meat.
4. Cream cheese is a main food group.
5. You have 30 jars of jelly, just in case of a jelly shortage.
6. You use mason jars to store your ingredients.
7. You have 22 bottles of moonshine and it's all for cooking.
8. Your first word was "bake."
9. Your refer to your grandmother's recipe book as "the Bible."