Food & Wine Best New Chefs 2014
Justin Yu, Oxheart (Houston)
Matt McCallister, FT33 (Dallas)
Paul Qui, Qui (Austin)
Honoring his Filipino heritage, Paul Qui took over the streets of Houston with his chain of Asian food trucks and an ambitious restaurant showcasing his expert Japanese cooking skills.
- Paul Qui on Costco Cooking and His Favorite Hot Sauce
- How to Make DIY XO Sauce
- First Look: Paul Qui’s Otoko Restaurant
- Top Chef's Paul Qui on How to Run a Successful Food Truck
- What to Drink at Qui in Austin
- Miami’s Next Culinary Hotspot Will Feature New Restaurants From Paul Qui and Francis Mallmann
- Adobo Chicken with Bacon and Bay Leaves
- Asian Stir-Fried Spinach
- Baby Kale and Steak Salad
- Filipino-Style Ceviche with Coconut Milk
Dave Beran, Next (Chicago)
F&W's 2014 Best New Chef Dave Beran is an expert in exhaustively researching different themes and ingeniously bringing those themes to life (in partnership with Grant Achatz).
Ari Taymor, Alma (Los Angeles)
Cara Stadler, Tao Yuan (Brunswick, ME)
After cooking in top French kitchens and launching a buzzed-about supper club in China, Cara Stadler became the force behind an Asian-inspired small-plates restaurant in Brunswick, ME.
Eli Kulp, Fork (Philadelphia)
F&W's 2014 Best New Chef Eli Kulp is doing some pretty incredible cooking in Philadelphia, one of the country's most exciting new restaurant cities.
Greg Denton and Gabrielle Quiñónez Denton, Ox (Portland, OR)
Husband-and-wife team Greg Denton and Gabrielle Quiñónez Denton of Ox in Portland are two of F&W's 2014 Best New Chefs.
Joe Ogrodnek and Walker Stern, Battersby and Dover (Brooklyn)
Equipped with their phenomenal training (they both cooked at Alain Ducasse), Joe Ogrodnek and Walker Stern of Dover in Brooklyn are two of F&W's 2014 Best New Chefs.
Matthew Accarrino, SPQR (San Francisco)
Consider Matthew Accarrino the mad genius of handmade pasta, creating primi like Meyer lemon spaghetti and mustard capellini.
- Matthew Accarrino Enjoys Bourbon and Very Old Pumpkins
- This Chef Fuels His Cycling Obsession with Ham-and-Egg Sticky Rice Energy Bars
- The American Caviar Renaissance
- Baked Ricotta with Roasted Tomatoes and Cucumber Salad
- Black Mission Fig Clafoutis
- Braised Chicken with Apples and Calvados
- Herbed Pea Puree and Ricotta Salad with Black Garlic and Lemon Confiture