American Kids Eat a Staggering Number of Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches
1. The average American kid eats 1,500 PB&J sandwiches by end of high school.
2. In France & Italy, April Fools Day is celebrated by sticking paper fish on unsuspecting people’s backs!
3. Briny, plump clams are more than just delicious. We can thank them for these expressions: clam up, clammy and clamshell to-go containers.
4. Did doughnuts win the war? Doughnut Dollies brought them to soldiers during WWII to keep spirits up.
5. Can a name dictate someone’s destiny? A California insurance agent/caterer named Harry Baker invented chiffon cake.
6. A “Mystery” Dum Dums lollipop is made by mixing the end of one flavor batch with the start of the next.