From juicy ribs to spicy hush puppies, here are nine Southern foods to make for a weekend with the new President of the United States.
South Carolina native Frank Underwood is back. From juicy ribs to spicy hush puppies, here are nine Southern foods to make for a weekend with the new President of the United States.
1. Pimento Cheese
What's the secret to this delicious Southern staple? High-quality sharp cheddar and sweet onions like Vidalia or Walla Walla.
2. Spicy and Sticky Baby Back Ribs
Frank Underwood would love these juicy ribs.
3. Cardamom-Cheddar Straws
New Orleans chef Justin Devillier upgrades the classic Southern cheese straws with spices like cardamon, ground coriander or fennel seed.
4. Hush Puppies with Green Zebra Tomato Jam
These spicy hush puppies are cheekily nicknamed "shut-your-piehole" puppies.
5. Fried Okra with Sweet Chile Sauce Even the most vehement okra hater will be a fan of these crispy fritters.
6. Classic Southern Fried Chicken
Cornstarch gives this fried chicken its perfectly crunchy crust.
7. Skillet Corn Bread with Corn Relish
Corn relish with roasted peppers provides the seasoning for this quick, slightly sweet bread.
8. Popcorn Shrimp with Corn Butter
This delicious recipe imitates buttery, movie theater popcorn.
9. Chocolate-Peanut Butter Moon Pies
Goo-Goo clusters, a peanut-candy invented in Nashville, are the inspiration for these delicious cookies.