Summer Party Food
Tomatoes in every color, beautiful farmstead eggs, stupendous corn: Here, F&W showcases the best of the handpicked and handcrafted in summer party recipes by our outstanding Test Kitchen cooks.
In this Article:
Summer Party Food: Finger Foods
« Chopped red, green and orange tomatoes are tossed with olive oil and herbs, then served on Parmesan tuiles. The result: a supremely colorful, incredibly easy hors d'oeuvre.
Summer Party Food: First Course Recipes
Summer Party Food: Main Dishes
Summer Party Food: Desserts
Summer Party Food: Superfast Recipes
Superfast Corn Salads
• Toss corn with halved cherry tomatoes, grilled andouille and onion slices and blanched sugar snap peas. Toss with chopped cilantro, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
• Toss corn with diced roasted jalapeños, black beans, diced celery and chopped cilantro. Dress with fresh lime juice, sour cream and canola oil.
• Toss corn with cooked baby lima beans and diced red and yellow bell peppers. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil.
Superfast Salad Dressings
• Stir mayonnaise with sherry vinegar and soy sauce. Stir in minced ginger and minced red chile.
• Whisk sherry vinegar with Dijon mustard, minced shallot and olive oil.
• Whisk lemon juice with orange juice and pomegranate molasses. Whisk in olive oil.
Superfast Radish Snacks
• Place sliced radishes in unseasoned rice vinegar and low-sodium soy sauce, marinate for 30 minutes and drain.
• Toss whole radishes with olive oil and salt and roast at 500° for 15 minutes, until crisp-tender.
• Arrange radish slices on buttered brown bread and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Summer Party Food: The Ideal Cheese Plate
Milk that dairy animals produce after months of eating grass imparts extraordinary flavor to late-summer cheeses, which are great with store-bought or homemade condiments like Pickled Grapes with Walnuts or Lemon-Fennel Compote.