10 New Ways to Eat Edamame
You’ve probably had edamame before. You probably sucked the beans out of the thick, salted pods to stave off hunger pangs before a big sushi dinner. You might have even eaten the soybeans in a salad. But there’s so much more you can do with them. Here, 10 delicious, inventive ways to use edamame.
1. Goat Cheese-Edamame Dip with Spiced Pepitas
Canned chipotles in adobo sauce give this clever, creamy dip an enticing heat and smokiness.
2. Chilled Edamame Soup with Ginger Crème Fraîche
This silky soup is a simple puree of onion, edamame and chicken stock.
3. Creamy Risotto with Edamame
This risotto was created with chef Jeff Smith’s daughter, Isabelle, tossed some Laughing Cow cheese into a pot of risotto. The cup of Budweiser beer is his own addition.
4. Creamed Edamame and Pear Onions
For a clever riff on the classic creamed peas and onions, this dish also includes edamame and panko.
5. Sea Bass with Edamame-Rye Crust
Sweet, crushed and sizzled soybeans make a terrific crust for flaky sea bass.
6. Edamame Fried Brown Rice
Edamame is a great addition to this healthy fried brown rice dish.
7. Shrimp Tacos with Edamame Succotash and Avocado Crema
Every component of these quick and easy shrimp tacos is packed with flavor.
8. Sriracha Chicken and Edamame Salad Sandwich
This delicious Asian-inspired chicken salad is stuffed with spicy Sriracha chicken and healthy edamame.
9. Ginger, Edamame and Mushroom Stir-Fry
Ginger really livens up this healthy vegetarian stir-fry.
10. Corn and Edamame Sauté
This great vegetable sauté comes together in just 15 minutes.