Tempranillo, the top red grape from Spain, is best known as the main component in red Rioja—which is often called the Bordeaux of Spain. In Rioja, Tempranillo contributes earthy cherry flavors and firm structure. It is also used in almost every other region of Spain, and generally produces medium-bodied, firm reds suitable for meat dishes of all kinds, particularly lamb.
- Wine-Friendly Superfoods
- Healthy Chefs: How Chefs Lose Weight & Keep It Off
- Trendspotting: Healthy Splurges
- Ways to Get Stronger, Smarter and Healthier
- Naomi Duguid’s Healthy Asian Cooking
- Elisabeth Prueitt’s Guide to Healthy Grains
- Johnny Monis’s Guide to Lean Meats
- Healthy Mexican Recipes
F&W Wine Guide 2013 spotlights 500 of the world's top producers.
It's perfect for anyone who needs help navigating a wine store anywhere in the country, says Gary Vaynerchuk.