- Underwater Trip to the Titanic Will Start Next Spring, But It's Going to Cost Big Bucks
- American Airlines Brings Back Free Food
- Win a Sleepover at the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin
- How to Change Your Flight During Winter Storm Stella Without Paying Fees
- A Heidi Theme Park is Coming to the Swiss Alps
- Winston Churchill’s Former London Flat Is Now Available for Rent
- Where to Drink Outdoors in Miami
- These Are the Most Expensive Places in the World to Live
- Get Paid to Travel the World and Stay in Luxury Homes
- New Zealand Will Give You a Free Trip If You Agree to a Job Interview
Nobody puts baby in a corner—unless it's a corner room at the Mountain Lake Lodge.
While the fictional Kellerman Resort where Baby (Jennifer Grey) danced the night away with dance instructor Johnny (Patrick Swayze) was set in upstate New York in the 1960s, the beloved 1980s movie was filmed at the picturesque real life Mountain Lake Hotel, as Matador Network previously reported.
Tucked away in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the stone lodge was built in the 1930s, and has charmingly rustic cabins and a lake for practicing your dance lifts. Dedicated fans can even rent out the Virginia Cottage where Baby and her family (including her father, played by Jerry Orbach) spent the summer.
It’s the ideal setting to have the time of your life — and strike up a summer romance with an attractive dance instructor.
For the full Dirty Dancing experience, book the lodge’s Dirty Dancing package, which includes dance lessons, a tour of the locations used in the film, and a dance party, where you can bust out your best Baby and Johnny moves and spin across the floor to soundtrack hits like “Hungry Eyes,” “Love is Strange,” and of course “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life”.
If a trip to Virginia isn’t in the cards this year, consider similar family resorts like the Omni Mount Washington Hotel in the mountains of New Hampshire, the Broadmoor hotel in Colorado which hosts a waltz club, or the Mohonk Mountain House New York’s Catskills, which offers a dance weekend with pros showing off their moves in the hotel ballroom.
This piece originally appeared on TravelandLeisure.com.