- Why Airlines Will Always Overbook Flights
- Want to Travel More in 2017? Here Are 12 Cheap Trips You Can Take Now
- Another Airline Is Offering $69 Flights to Europe
- A Guide to Florence’s Up-and-Coming Oltrarno Neighborhood
- A Restaurant Guide to London’s Shoreditch
- 5 Ways Technology Will Make Air Travel Better in 2017
- How to Keep Your Money Safe While Traveling
- 19 Bathtubs Around the World With Breathtaking Views
- This Remote Island Is Completely Powered by Solar Energy
- Anthony Bourdain Explores the Culinary Treasures of Brazil's Minas Gerais
The famous film director is opening a new beachfront resort.
Francis Ford Coppola has successfully conquered the film and wine worlds, and has been making a serious mark on the hospitality world as well. After successfully opening several resorts around the world, the director is set to unveil his first private island this summer.
Coral Caye is located off the coast of Belize, near Coppola's beachfront property Turtle Inn. Beginning July 1, guests will be able to enjoy a rustic two-acre island just eight miles from the mainland, Coral Caye. The property can accommodate up to 12 guests — but a private island for two sounds more romantic.
As with all Coppola Resorts, top-notch service is paramount. The live-in caretaker on this piece of paradise will provide all meals, including fresh seafood dinners and continental Belizean breakfasts.
Guests can snorkel, dive, fish, lounge on the beach, or receive a spa treatment from the privacy of their very own island. Personal butlers and chefs are also available at an additional cost.
Anyone up for a glam Gilligan experience?
This piece originally appeared on TravelandLeisure.com.