Zimmern Family Lemon-Herb Grilled Chicken
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried hot chile flakes
- 8 chicken legs
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken, seal the bag and massage chicken to coat evenly. Open bag, pushing out air, and reseal. Refrigerate for 24 hours, massaging and tossing every 8 hours.
- 2Remove chicken from marinade.
- 3Grill chicken over medium indirect heat, which will help prevent sooty chicken-fat flare-ups. After 5 minutes, pour leftover marinade over the chicken; discard any remaining marinade. Continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through, another 15 to 25 minutes.