- Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- To prepare the pesto: In a food processor, combine 2 cups of the basil, the parsley, cheese, pine nuts, garlic and salt. Pulse, pushing the basil down as needed, until a paste forms. With the motor running, add ½ of the oil, and puree until smooth.