Modernist Cuisine: A Photo Tour
MAD GENIUS TIPS VIDEO
Editors' Favorite Slideshows
Add a Comment
Myhrvold considered every component to come up with his modernist version:
• Tender hamburger bun, made from scratch and toasted in beef suet.
• Hamburger glaze of suet, pureed tomato confit, beef stock and smoked salt.
• Maitake mushroom, sautéed in beef suet.
• Romaine lettuce infused sous vide with liquid hickory smoke.
• Vacuum-compressed heirloom tomato.
• Cheese slice made from aged Emmental, Comté and wheat ale.
• Short rib patty ground to vertically align the grain.
• Cremini mushroom ketchup with honey, horseradish, fish sauce, ginger and allspice.