- How to Make Eric Ripert's Provençal Vegetable Soup
- How to Make Francis Mallmann's Gnocchi with Chorizo Sauce
- How to Make Travis Lett's Killer Aioli BLT
- How to Make Fabio Trabocchi’s Risotto-Style Penne with Tomatoes
- How To Make Maura Kilpatrick's Espresso-Laced Pecan Pie
- How to Make the Best Holiday Ham Ever
- How to Make Claus Meyer's Danish Rye Bread
- Bobby Flay's Ultimate Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich
- How to Make Crab Cakes with Smoky Onion Remoulade
- Chef Jessica Koslow’s Perfect Squash and Sprouts Bowl
The no-frills shrimp recipe that will become a family favorite.
The party never stops at the Hollywood Bowl, the amphitheater where acts ranging from Sia to the Los Angeles Philharmonic play to sold-out crowds. Star chef Suzanne Goin and wine guru Caroline Styne make sure concertgoers have tons of good things to eat and drink, including these peel-and-eat shrimp steamed in Pabst Blue Ribbon.
The recipe is a loaner from Goin's husband, Maryland-born chef David Lentz. "The day I met his parents," she says, "we got a bag of steamed shrimp from a place that used to be a gas station and opened it right on the kitchen table." The shrimp are as good with wine as with beer: Uncork a dry Riesling or Grüner Veltliner, put down some newspaper and dig in. 2301 N. Highland Ave.; hollywoodbowl.com
Get the recipe: Beer-Steamed Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce