- How to Make Suzanne Goin's Beer-Steamed Shrimp
- How to Make Fabio Trabocchi’s Risotto-Style Penne with Tomatoes
- Alex Guarnaschelli's Flawless Tomato Soup
- Chef Jessica Koslow’s Perfect Squash and Sprouts Bowl
- Chef Michael Schwartz Taunts Body-Conscious Miamians with this Incredible Leg of Lamb
- How to Make Eric Ripert's Provençal Vegetable Soup
- How to Make Francis Mallmann's Gnocchi with Chorizo Sauce
- Bobby Flay's Ultimate Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich
- How to Make Crab Cakes with Smoky Onion Remoulade
- Chef Asha Gomez Shares Time-Saving Tips for the Best-Ever Rice Pilaf
This perfect summer sandwich is all about the aioli.
"Let's grab a BLT at GTA." That's the buzz among Angelenos who have waited all year long for a sandwich that Gjelina Take Away sells only when tomatoes are at their peak. BLT purists be warned: GTA chef Travis Lett has put his own spin on the classic. For his version, he substitutes arugula for the lettuce and garlic aioli for the mayonnaise. Lett is one of innumerable American chefs who have fallen for the Provençal spread. He uses it in more than half a dozen things on his lunch menu; GTA cooks churn out some five quarts a day.
For a perfect L.A. afternoon, order one of those garlic aioli BLTs, then do some window shopping along Abbot Kinney on your way to a dreamy picnic right on Venice Beach. 1427 Abbot Kinney Blvd.; gjelinatakeaway.com
Get the full recipe for Travis Lett's Aioli BLT here.