- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 7 saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini, saffron, cumin and turmeric and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the mint. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.