- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 7 saffron threads
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the zucchini, saffron, cumin and turmeric and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 20 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the mint. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
One Serving 94 calories, 7.3 gm total fat, 1 gm saturated fat, 7 gm carb.