- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Sherry vinegar, for drizzling
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan, heat the oil. Add the onions and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the soup in a blender. Rewarm the soup in the saucepan, season with salt and pepper and whisk in the crème fraîche. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a little sherry vinegar.
Domaine Dujac is primarily known for its great red wines, but they produce a small amount of white Burgundy from Morey Saint-Denis. It's fresh, with a touch of spicy oakan ideal match for this simple soup.