- 1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, diced
- 2 dry-packed or oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 soft Medjool date, pitted and minced
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarsley chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium zucchini (1 3/4 pounds)
How to make this recipe
In a blender, combine the fresh tomatoes with the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, date, garlic, thyme and parsley and puree until smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
Using a mandoline, cut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices, then cut the slices lengthwise into 1/8-inch strips resembling spaghetti. Transfer the zucchini noodles to a bowl. Add the marinara sauce, toss to coat and serve immediately.
The marinara can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
One Serving 209 cal, 15 gm fat, 2.1 gm sat fat, 19 gm carb, 4.7 gm fiber.