- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 1/2-pound zucchini, or 2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 20 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese, preferably French, cut into small dice (1 cup)
- 3 ounces pitted Calamata olives, chopped (1/2 cup)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon juice, mustard, honey and lemon zest and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Using a mandoline, slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick "pappardelle," turning the zucchini and slicing on 4 sides only until the seeds in the central portion are reached; discard the zucchini centers.
In a small bowl, combine the garlic with the thyme, rosemary, crushed red pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the zucchini slices on a large rimmed baking sheet and brush them with the garlic and herb oil. Broil for about 3 minutes, or until the zucchini is browned on top.
Spread the cherry tomatoes on another baking sheet and broil for about 1 minute, or until they are lightly browned on top.
Add the tomatoes to the zucchini and drizzle with the mustard dressing. Toss the vegetables well and transfer to plates or a platter. Top with the feta and olives and serve.