© Jonelle Weaver
- SERVINGS: 4
Zucchini should be small and firm, with few seeds. The "noodles" are barely cooked in olive oilit's more like they're simply steeped and warmed in itso they retain their crispness and flavor.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, finely julienned
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, warm the olive oil. Add half the thyme and all the garlic and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until it just begins to lose its crunch, about 5 minutes; season it with salt and pepper as it cooks. Transfer the zucchini to a bowl and toss it with the parsley, lemon juice and the remaining thyme. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.