- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini with the onion, garlic, cheese, eggs and vegetable oil. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In each of 2 very large skillets, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add slightly heaping 2 tablespoon-mounds of batter to the skillets 3 inches apart. Spread each pancake to a 2 1/2-inch round and cook over moderately high heat until golden around the edges and bubbling in the center, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden on the bottoms, about 2 minutes longer. Serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.