Â© Fredrika StjÃ¤rne
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1 loaf
Ashley Christensen got this sweet bread recipe from her mom, who made it during squash season when the zucchini grew too big to be sautéed.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pound zucchini, coarsely shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Butter an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan and coat it with sugar. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In a medium bowl, whisk the canola oil with the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the shredded zucchini. Stir the zucchini batter into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the zucchini bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the zucchini bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make Ahead The zucchini bread can be frozen for up to 2 months or refrigerated for up to 5 days.