- 4 small zucchini (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 4 large lemon thyme or thyme sprigs
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Set 4 foot-long sheets of parchment paper on a work surface. Put a zucchini, a lemon thyme sprig and a bay leaf in the center of each. Drizzle each zucchini with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold the paper in half over the zucchini, then fold up the 3 open sides, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the zucchini; staple each side once or twice to seal.
- Set the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, or until the zucchini is very tender. Transfer the packets to dinner plates, open carefully and serve at once.
Make this dish with baby zucchini (about 2 ounces each) if you can find them. Put two or three in a parchment package and bake, checking for doneness.