- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small eggplantpeeled, sliced 1 inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. In a mini food processor, combine the cilantro, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika and vinegar and process until the cilantro is finely chopped. With the machine on, add the oil and process until smooth. Season the charmoula with salt and pepper and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the zucchini and eggplant to the boiling water. When the water returns to a boil, cover and cook just until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes. Drain well, gently pressing out any excess water with the back of a spoon. Add the zucchini and eggplant to the charmoula and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Chicken or fish.
Contributed By Photo Published May 2007