- 2 ounces aged rum, preferably Barbancourt 4-year
- 1/2 ounce Raspberry Syrup (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce heavy cream
- 1/4 ounce Frangelico
- Dash of chocolate bitters
- 1 large egg
- 1 raspberry and finely grated dark chocolate, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the rum, Raspberry Syrup, cream, Frangelico, bitters and egg; shake vigorously. Fill the shaker with ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the raspberry and chocolate.
Raspberry Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine 4 ounces water with 3/4 cup superfine sugar and 1 1/2 cups raspberries. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, smashing the raspberries. Remove from the heat and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the syrup into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Makes about 8 ounces.