© Tina Rupp
Zee Spotted Pig Bloody Mary
- SERVINGS: makes 8 drinks
The Spotted Pig, New York City
Bartender Anna Vanderzee suggests making the mix for this recipe one day in advance to allow the spices and horseradish to marry with the tomato juice.
- 1/2 cup finely grated peeled fresh horseradish
- 2 ounces Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces Sriracha chile sauce
- Finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 32 ounces tomato juice
- 16 ounces vodka
- Lime wedges
- Pickled or fresh vegetables (optional)
- In a pitcher, combine the horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, Sriracha, lemon zest, celery salt, kosher salt and 2 teaspoons ground pepper. Add the tomato juice and stir well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Pour the tomato juice mixture into 8 ice-filled rocks glasses. Add 2 ounces vodka to each glass and stir. Garnish each drink with a pinch of ground pepper, a lime wedge and pickled vegetables.