- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice with the onion, cilantro and jalapeño and stir to blend gradually. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until thoroughly combined. Season the salsa verde with salt and pepper and serve.
The salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.