Zafra's Salsa Verde
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
In Chile, salsa verde, or green saucewhich gets its vibrant color from cilantro and fresh chilesis a traditional accompaniment to sea urchins. It also works well with vegetables and chicken and is particularly good with steamed or grilled shrimp.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice with the onion, cilantro and jalapeño and stir to blend gradually. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until thoroughly combined. Season the salsa verde with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.