- 2 1/4 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a saucepan, boil the potatoes in water to cover until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast the mustard seeds over moderate heat until they pop, about 3 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the butter with the parsley, shallot, lemon juice and mustard seeds. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drain and halve the potatoes lengthwise. In a large dish, toss the potatoes with the shallot butter and serve.
The shallot butter can be refrigerated for 1 week.